Forwarding of tournament announcements

For anything and everything European Go related.
richardamullens

Forwarding of tournament announcements

Post by richardamullens » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:19 am

When a tournament announcement is sent to egf-members@eurogofed.org, how good are the members at forwarding it to players in their countries ?

What are the lists or other places that each country uses ?

I know, for example, that the British Go association forwards many (most|all) of these announcements to gotalk@lists.britgo.org

Where does each country send these announcements ? What proportion are discarded ?

richardamullens

Re: Forwarding of tournament announcements

Post by richardamullens » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Let's start the ball rolling by suggesting that the Ukraine posts the announcements to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukrfgo/ as I have seen both the London Open and the Vienna Open links posted there.

Maybe I should move this discussion to sensei's library or lifein19x19 ?

Lorenz

Post by Lorenz » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:12 am

Hi Richard,

as list manager i try to answer your questions about the egf member mailinglist (egf-members@eurogofed.org).
richardamullens wrote:When a tournament announcement is sent to egf-members@eurogofed.org, how good are the members at forwarding it to players in their countries ?

What are the lists or other places that each country uses ?

I know, for example, that the British Go association forwards many (most|all) of these announcements to gotalk@lists.britgo.org
I can only speak for my association (Switzerland). The mails froom egf-members go to all board member (like 7 people), usually me (secretary) or the president forwards the important announcement of general interest to our national mailinglists. In Switzerland we have two lists. One for all go players interested in news and another for all official club contacts (like president, treasurers etc of a club).

I guess many other go countries do something similar of course there are some where these emails just disapear in a sinkhole.
richardamullens wrote:Where does each country send these announcements ? What proportion are discarded ?
Not sure, i guess mostly the tournaments announcements get forwarded.

I intend to open more mailinglists for the EGF (like e.g. strong players list). I also intend to make an info / howto page on how to address EGF members.

Cheers,
Lorenz

richardamullens

Post by richardamullens » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:37 pm

Thank you for your update Lorenz.
Richard