The 60th European Go Congress
23.07.2016-06.08.2016, St Petersburg, Russia
The 60th European Go Congress was hosted by the Russian Go Federation in the Hotel Azimut in St Petersburg, Russia
24 top European players took part. After four rounds 8 were selected for the knockout stage.
- Mateusz Surma (1p) beat Grigorij Fionin (6d)
- Ali Jabarin (1p) beat Pavol Lisy (1p)
- Ilja Shikshin (1p) beat Artem Kachanovskyi (1p)
- Lukas Podpera (7d) beat Cristian Pop (7d)
- Ilja Shikshin beat Mateusz Surma
- Ali Jabarin beat Lukas Podpera
Ilja Shikshin beat Ali Jabarin by resignation to regain the European Champion title.
3rd and 4th place
Lukas Podpera beat Mateusz Surma
Final positions split by SOS (positions 1-2 by 1 point) and SODOS (positions 2-3 and 3-4 by 2 points each).
- Kim Young-Sam, 7d Korea, 8 wins
- Ilja Shikshin, 1p Russia, 8 wins
- Chan Yitien, 7d Taiwan, 8 wins
- Ali Jabarin, 1p Israel, 8 wins
- Mateusz Surma, 1p, 7 wins
- Zhang QiuMeng, 7d, 7 wins
- Pavol Lisy, 1p, 7 wins
- Lee Kibong, 6 wins
- Cristian Pop, 6 wins
- Kim Do-Hyup, 6 wins
601 players took part.
- Kim Young-Sam, 7d Korea, 5 wins
- Pavol Lisy, 1p Slovakia, 4 wins
- Andrii Kravets, 6d Ukraine, 4 wins
- Lee Ki-Bong, 7d Korea, 4 wins
- Kim Do-Hyup, 7d Korea, 4 wins
458 players took part.
- Chan Yi-Tien, 7d Taiwan, 8 wins
- Kim Do-Hyup, 7d Korea, 7 wins
- Pavol Lisy, 1p Slovakia, 6 wins
306 players took part.
1. Manja Marz 4d / Kim Young-Sam 7d
2. Yang Yi 2d / Zhang Qinmeng 7d
3= Natalia Kovaleva 5d / Oleg Mezhov 6d
3= Lin Yuan 4d / Yu Changmin 5d
1. Sofia Vdovenko / Askar Khusainov
2. Amelia Vdovenko / Aleksandr Starykh
3= Daria Lesnjakova / Igor Nemlij
3= Diana Khabibullina / Artur Gimadiev
130 players played five-round Swiss - top four players won 5 games each - then 24 player knock-out.
- Ilja Shikshin, 1p
- Kim Do-Hyup, 7d
- Alexander Dinerchtein, 3p
- Christain Pop, 7d
Group stage, followed by knockout. 122 players.
- Li Zhe, 6p
- Chan Yi-Tien, 7d
- Ilja Shikshin, 1p
Games were played with handicap (less 2). 42 players.
- Mikhail Podbolotov, 9k, 6 wins
- Ruslan Tarasov, 6k, 5 wins
- Bohdan Kovalchuk, 16k, 5 wins
Swiss system. 24 players.
- Yang Qihan, 5d China, 6 wins
- Artem Khudoleev, 3d Russia, 5 wins
- Andjey Khafizov, 3k Russia, 4 wins
Swiss tournament, handicap less 2. 48 players.
- Liu Yuan,4d China, 6 wins
- Manja Marz, 3d Germany, 5 wins
- Kim Soon-Deuk, 3d Korea, 5 wins
4-player teams (plus reserve player). 15 teams.
- Freddas Prodigies: Ali Jabarin, Pavol Lisy, Fredrik Blomback, Dusan Mitic, Zhao Hui Li
- Starrise: Anton Chernykh, Vjacheslav Kaimin, Stepan Popov, Kim Shakhov, Artem Khudoleev
- My Mama Killed Go in Poland: Mateusz Surma, Stanislaw Frejlak, Majka Marcin, Filip Tokarski
40 teams of 3.
- Wu 7d / Zhang 7d / Lee 2d, 5 wins
- Li 6p / Yon 4d / Liay 4d, 4 wins
- Beta Go: Lee 7d / Kim 7d / Kim 7d, 4 wins
16 groups, followed by group knockout and finals.
- Kim Young-Sam
- Nikita Khabazov
- Cristian Pop
- Denis Tarkov
- Sergej Trjapsha
- Igor Nemlij