Below I list some of the highlights:
- No one got elected to the foundation but 5 candidates presented themselves, the election will take place at the next annual meeting in July.
- The new fee system was not voted upon, instead a lengthy discussion was carried out to find some common ground on the topic. This discussion will be continued in a group of system makers and hopefully we can vote on a good solution at our next AGM.
- Each participant of the European Go Congress contributes 20€ to the prize pool for the European Championship.
- The European Go Database had 3 change requests which were all accepted:
- Online tournaments can now be organized the same way as over the board tournaments with no special checks to see if a player is member of a country's organization.
- 9x9 and 13x13 tournaments can be entered in the database if all participants are below 20 kyu.
- Online tournaments can have higher classes if they are official or well organized. Till now they all had to be entered as a Class D which means that the games were only counted at a ¼ of the full weight compared to face to face tournaments.
- The organizers of the next congress in Kamianets-Podilskyi Ukraine are positive that they can hold the event this year. The European Youth Championship which was supposed to happen in spring in Prague got moved to the second week of the congress, fingers crossed that this all plays out okay and that we can meet again in the flesh and play with real stones on real boards.