About the tournament
Dates: June 10-12, 2022
Venue: picturesque mountain lake Issyk-Kul - the pearl of Kyrgyzstan!
The tournament program includes a cultural program, swimming in the lake, games on the beach and much more! All foreign guests will have a separate opportunity to take advantage of various tourist programs around Issyk-Kul Lake, see the sights and enjoy nature.
Conducting system - McMahon, 5 rounds. Time control 40 min. + byoyomi. Tournament fee - $6.
The planned prize fund is 100,000 KGS (about $1000).
More information about the tournament: https://sengoku.net.kg/
Some facts about Issyk-Kul
- Issyk-Kul is the seventh in the ranking of the deepest lakes in the world.
- The lake is located on a mountain range at an altitude of 1609m above sea level, and the most beautiful natural attractions are located around the lake
- Due to the great depth of the lake, the water does not have time to cool completely. The lake never freezes. Issyk-Kul, translated from Kyrgyz - "Hot Lake"
- The lake has a rather favorable climate. There is neither sweltering heat nor cold winter chills here. The average temperature in summer is +20°C and in winter -4°C.
Facts about the development of Go in Kyrgyzstan
- Sengoku is the first Go club in Kyrgyzstan, which appeared on February 17, 2020, in which there were only 6 people who knew only the rules of the game.
- For 2 years, the Sengoku Go Club team has taught the rules to more than 4,000 people, of which there are now more than 200 active players
- At the moment there are 9 Go schools, which teach children from 5 years old and adults over 60
- More than 12 internal tournaments are held per year, among which there are also the Championship of Kyrgyzstan and the Sengoku League of Go.
- Average attendance of tournaments is 50-80 people
- Kyrgyzstan participates in the Pandanet European Team Championship in League D. Also, the players took part in the Women's Online European Championship 2021, in the Youth Online European Championship 2021.