Globis Cup Qualification 2021
Online on Wbaduk
10th – 11th of April
The winner of the tournament will qualify for the Globis Cup 2021, which will be held online, on CyberOro / Wbaduk server in 5th – 6th June of 2021. Tournament conditions will be the same as last year (condition of the qualification tournament)
CEST is used
||1st round in groups
||2nd round in groups
||3rd round in groups
- Thinking time: The basic time control for each game is 30 seconds per move. In addition, each player has 10 periods of extra thinking time, 1 minute each. The format is the same as NHK Cup, for more reference see https://senseis.xmp.net/?JapaneseTiming%2FNHKCup>senseis.xmp.net/?JapaneseTiming%2FNHKCup
- Every player must play live with a camera and record his performance during the game. There must be visible a player during the game from his/her side together with his/her computer screen and his/her hand with mouse in the recorded video. Integrated webcam showing a player from front, sitting at his/her computer during the game is enough for a live broadcast during the game.
- A link will be posted to each player before the round for connection to the shared online room. Each player must be present in the online room during whole his/her game. online room will be arranged on google-meet
- Match Settings on Wbaduk:
- A player must be born on 1st of January 2001 or later
- Rating of the player must be 2250 or higher during the period 1st January - 31st of March 2021
- A player must be a member of National Go Association / Federation of any EGF member country and have a passport of that country
As 8 players registered for the tournament, a Globis Cup system for two groups (double KO) will be used followed by single KO semifinal and final stage.
There will be two groups of four players, A and B
Players will be seeded by a draw out of four baskets, according to the ratings.
1st basket: Oscar Vazquez, Arved Pittner (players A1 and B1 will be selected)
2nd basket: Savva Mezin, Vsevolod Ovsiienko (players A2 and B2 will be selected)
3rd basket: Davide Bernardis, Egor Lavrov (players A3 and B3 will be selected)
4th basket: Askar Khusainov, Artemij Pishchalnikov (players A4 and B4 will be selected)
Pairing will be done as follows:
1st round: A1 - A4, A2 - A3, B1 - B4, B2 - B3
2nd round: winner (A1-A4) - winner (A2-A3), looser (A1-A4) - looser (A2-A3)
winner (B1-B4) - winner (B2-B3), looser (B1-B4) - looser (B2-B3)
Players with two points from both groups will qualify directly to the Semi-Final as the winners of the groups (W(A) and W(B)). Players with 0 points will be eliminated from the tournament.
3rd round: players with one point after the 2nd round in each group will play a decisive game for who will qualify as a runner-up from the group to the Semi-Final (R(A) and (R(B))
Semi-Final: W(A) - R(B), W(B) - R(A)
The winner of the tournament will qualify for the Globis Cup 2021, which will be held online, on CyberOro / Wbaduk server in 5th – 6th June of 2021. Tournament conditions will be the same as last year (conditions of the qualification tournament)
Orientation meeting will be held online on Tuesday, 6th of April at 19:00 CEST, on google-meet. A connection / invitation link will be posted to all participants by 18:30 CEST. An account on gmail is required for the connection.
Details about the meeting will be sent to all participants on Monday, 5th of April.
||Arved Pittner (Gopard)
||Oscar Vazquez (dacat1)
||Savva Mezin (labok228)
||Vsevolod Ovsiienko (ovseva)
||Davide Bernardis (jumpice77)
||Egor Lavrov (freedoml2)
||Artemij Pishchalnikov (artypro)
||Askar Khusainov (askarkzn)
1st round (Saturday, 10th of April, 10:00 CEST)
2nd round (Saturday, 10th of April, 14:00 CEST)
3rd round (Saturday, 10th of April, 17:00 CEST)
Semifinal (Sunday, 11th of April, 10:00 CEST)
Final (Sunday, 11th of April, 14:00 CEST)
Oscar Vazquez qualified for the Globis Cup 2021, which will be beld online (WBaduk) in 5th - 6th of June 2021. Congratulations and good luck!
||Max rating (January - March)
||Rating 31st of March